KFI seeks to improve Mindanao grassroots access and control of the means of sustainable livelihood and food security.
Kadtuntaya Foundation, Inc. (KFI) is a non-government, development-oriented organization based in Cotabato City, born out of the need to respond to the socio - economic and cultural needs of the Moro people, particularly in Central Mindanao.
KFI was established and registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission in July 1989. During its early operation, KFI’s main thrust was to bridge the gap between the Christians and Muslims whose relationship had been stained by decades of conflict and wars. KFI facilitated dialogues and understanding of Muslims and Christians, reducing prejudices, improving relationships, and forging mutual cooperation. Its focus then, was still in Cotabato City.
In the following years, KFI expanded its areas of concern to include socio - economic programs such as helping organize communities and cooperatives, extending assistance to income-generating projects like malong weaving, and small entrepreneurship (e.g. variety store, small and large livestock raising, buy and sell ventures, among others).
To date, KFI has forty (40) staff facilitating several projects in the areas of Maguindanao Province and Cotabato City.
KFI envisions politically-empowered, economically-sufficient, environment-friendly, gender-conscious, diverse and culturally-sensitive Mindanao communities that are peacefully co-existing in equality, mutual respect and prosperity.
Facilitating the empowerment of the grassroots communities in Mindanao to collectively transform and improve their total well-being.
- Strengthening the resilience of grassroots communities in Mindanao to reduce the sources of conflicts and vulnerabilities;
- Promoting the rights of men, women youth and children, and increasing their participation in good governance and development in Mindanao;
- Improving Mindanao grassroots access and control of the means of sustainable livelihood and food security;
- Promoting care of nature and responsible stewardship of the earth; and
- Developing and sustaining human, financial, and material resources towards the achievement of the Goals and Mission.
Doña Pilar St., Poblacion IV
Cotabato City 9600
P.O. Box 116